Friday, February 10, 2012

It Took Me Awhile


Locked up between the mountains,
Watching the birds flew freely in the sky.
I wonder, who decided that birds are actually free?
Even if they can fly wherever they please.
What if they find no place to rest their weary wings?
Perhaps freedom is having a home to go back to.
We don’t see things as they are, we see things as we are.
We are always on a strange road,
Watching scenery and listening to strange music.
It is not about being immortal nor having food or rights in one’s hand.
It’s about having tiny wish come true,
Having something to eat when you are hungry,
Or having someone’s love when you need one.
Then one day, 
We find that the things we try hard to forget are already gone.

If this place had been deep within the earth,
I wouldn’t have had to know freedom or loneliness.
I wouldn’t have wished for the sun.
But then a shining light stood outside the prison bars.
Hair shone like the golden sun I longed to see outside.
A hand was reached out and led me out of the darkness
To show me a world… much, much brighter than the sun.
It took me awhile, 
For me to see the world from one person
Which doesn’t makes me abandon the world for that one person
It took me a long while … to finally found you.

What took you so long?


No comments: